TYPE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may collect and hold personal information about you including information that can identify you, including but not limited to your name, address and phone number. These contact details are required to provide you with services associated with the conference.
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of our standard forms, over the internet, via email, through a telephone conversation with you or through day to day business. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly where it is not reasonably practicable to collect personal information directly from you. We will endeavour to notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION
The personal information that we collect and hold about you depends on your interaction with us. Generally, we will collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing services to you
- to respond to queries made by you
- to keep you informed of the status of a conference or event you have expressed an interest in, or are attending
- providing you with information about other services that we, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with offer, that may be of interest to you
- providing you with promotional information about us, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services
- to monitor our website performance
- keep you up to date of our achievements
- notification of new appointments, future conferences and events
If you access our website, we may collect additional personal information about you in the form of your IP address and/or domain name.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE INFORMATION
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you with the services you are seeking.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
Generally, we only use and disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above).
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
You may access personal information we hold about you, upon making a written request. Leishman Associates will endeavour to acknowledge your request within 14 days of its receipt and to provide you with access to the information requested within 30 days. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request.
We may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act.
If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information. Where practicable, we will inform any third party to whom the personal information has been disclosed that a correction has been made.
SPAM ACT 2003 & UNSOLICITED ELECTRONIC MESSAGES ACT 2007
Leishman Associates are committed to observing its obligations under the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you receive a commercial electronic message from us and you do not wish to receive any further messages of this nature from us, either unsubscribe using the supplied link in the electronic message, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 3 6234 7844.